Looks and sound crazy, any chance of a Linux build? :)
A downloadable game for Windows
CHROMATIC ASSAULT is a top down twin-stick-shooter inspired by the classics like Geometry Wars. Fight through 40 levels and 10 huge bosses split through 10 systems while listening to an upbeat metal/electronic soundtrack!*
*Only one of the songs has been finished. As such, many Newgrounds songs have been put in place until the real songs are ready. Many thanks to PhatBoiJ for allowing me to use his music during this time.
CHROMATIC ASSAULT feature a huge 50 levels and 6 game modes, as well as endless modes! Ranging from simply obtaining a high score within the time limit, to conquering a boss enemy, you'll never get bored while blasting your enemies into pieces!
- FRENZY - Fight through a predetermined set of waves of enemies, and try to beat the high score!
- PASSIVE - Use nothing but your wit and dodging skills to kill huge swarms of enemies with randomly spawning mines.
- TIMELOOP - Don't let time catch up with you! Your lives don't do anything in this game mode, but get hit and you'll lose time! Increase time by killing enemies.
- SURVIVAL - One life! Stay calm! This game mode is all about the score, and typically never lasts longer than a minute.
- ZONES - Stay inside the zones, but make sure you're not surrounded when they disappear!
- BOSS - Fight a huge boss enemy that spews swarms of enemies at you. Your crowd control skills are what matter here!
CHROMATIC ASSAULT also gives you a choice of up to 6 abilities! Decimate your enemies with the spinning bullet barrage or homing bullet barrage. Enemies closing in from all directions? Not to worry, freeze them temporarily with the powerful EMP pulse!
Right now, CHROMATIC ASSAULT is only a demo. Featuring 10 of the 50 levels, and 2/10 bosses. I am actively working on it, however! A tutorial has yet to be implemented, but for now there is a short but sweet tutorial.txt file to show you the controls.
Follow active development over on Twitter!
- Slight bug fixes, minor additions!14 days ago